Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Christmas in You and Me


Nearing the 39th Christmas in our marriage, our 46th since first we started going 'steady', what most I want for Christmas is the Christmas in you,Nancy Wagner . . . and what most I want to give you is the Christmas which is in me.
I believe the purest Gift of Christmas is Love, born anew each day in Jesus. If we cannot yearn for it, pray for it, even wish for it in others, especially those nearest and dearest to us, how then can we ever hope to yearn, pray or wish for it in others whom we do not know? How then will the world come to know Christmas if we do not long and live for the Christmas in each other?
Perhaps if we in the church spent less time working to make others become Christian and devoted more of ourselves to living the Christmas in our soul, the Love of God who meets us in Jesus . . . . perhaps, just perhaps, more than a few would see the Light of the Star and journey towards Him.
So, when I say, " . . . what most I want for Christmas is the Christmas in you . . .', I am saying to the love of my life what I long for in everyone . . . and I long to give no less than that of myself to you. It is the greatest gift, for first the Gift comes from God: Love.
Blessings on the Advent journey.

No comments: