Monday, March 3, 2008

Sometimes, You Just Have To Keep Trying

I just completed a new blog about Casimir Pulaski which you will never read. It was lost 'in cyber space'. Just disappeared. An hour of deep thought about this Polish Count, Kazimierz Pulaski, killed in the Siege of Savannah on October 9, 1779, and why the Illinois educational system observes the first Monday of March as a holiday in his memory . . . gone. Poof. Kablooie. And I still have a blog article to write with a blank screen facing me.
Somehow, it makes me think of how Jesus must have felt nearly every time He talked with His disciples and the crowds. He took the time to tell a story, then explained the story, often having then to defend what He was teaching, only to go about 10 minutes and have one of the disciples look at Him and ask if He would tell them just one more time what He mean. Oi!
How many times do we nail Jesus to the cross all over again, just because what He taught us, what He showed us, the way He heals us, is lost in the cyber space of our souls? Is lost to our need to be in control of the answers and outcomes? How much of Jesus' time and energy has to be utilized in the redundancy of showing us the way Home time and time and time again? How many times does God look at us the way I looked at my blank screen, wondering where everything so carefully composed had gone, and trying to decide whether to walk away in disgust or sit back down and go at it one more time? Just one more time?!
I am blessed and eternally grateful that, in Jesus, God sits down just one more time for our souls, for our very lives, and starts all over again telling the Story. I pray that, this time, I get it - and live it with all my heart, my soul, and my might . . . that others might get it, too.
As important as understanding Casimir Pulaski Day might be, thank You, God, for helping me to understand You all the more this day.
Your servant in Christ,
Pastor Don

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess is one of those times the Spirit takes over and you still give us an inspirational message. Save early, save often. That's what our help desk tells us all the time.