Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Book You Must Read

In the cold of a day marked by ice and flying snow, the love of God in Jesus Christ fills me in a whole new way.
Yesterday afternoon I purchased a copy of the book, The Shack, by Wm. Young - and finished reading it this morning. I cannot recall a book, a story, a truth, which so captured both my attention and my soul. Already this morning e-mails have been sent to scores of colleagues encouraging them to treat themselves now, in the waning days of Advent, to the heart-warming, faith-filling challenges found within the pages of this fantastic story. Bold enough to deepen the meaning of Christmas, The Shack is a provocative experience which bridges human experience and Divine Presence in such a manner as to lead the reader into the fullness of holy ground.
Remove your shoes and listen. Open your heart and hear. That still small Voice is speaking anew in a manner the humblest among us may understand: God loves you.
This is my Christmas gift to you: The Shack will challenge your most stayed understandings while embracing your deepest desires for the Holy.
Your servant in Christ,
Pastor Don

1 comment:

Aunt Sis said...

I am just getting ready to read this book - now I cannot wait!! Have you read "90 Minutes in Heaven"?